Bugs and Updates List
The updates in the next release are posted here. If you encounter a problem and wish to send in a bug report or email, it will help to fix that problem.
- Auto script While element cannot store other complex elements. It can only repeat a method execution on a source.
Still to Do
- Parallel script element is added but needs to be tested. Probably need a tool to construct the script as well.
- SPARQL query form can take a long time to reply for a large query.
- With ESB, some possibilities to monitor faults using the linking mechanism. Needs further work, so currently not in use.
- The core licas package, including the classloader, is now compiled under Java 1.7, but is still Java 1.6 compatible.
- If converting from an earlier version: change Vector to ArrayList and Hashtable to HashMap. The only exception is the XML element list which is still Vector.
- If writing your own service and adding it to the main GUI, you probably need to extend the DynamicJFrame instead of a JFrame, plus implement ServiceGuiDef. Then in 'initialiseAndOpen', you need to add 'setID(theServiceUuid)' to give the dynamic frame the service uuid name.
- For the mobile platform, you need to set some values at the
start of your main activity, to allow the base licas classes to set
file paths or other values. Even if you don't use it, make sure you
set the LoggerFactory in your startup method, before using any of
the licas classes. You also need to specify the Android operating
system, so that linux file paths can be set. You therefore need to
add the following two lines of code at the start of your main
- For the mobile platform, best to have a single jar file for the base classloader. So wrap licas jar with own mobile jar.
- To view a remote server in the default GUI, you need both the server password and admin key for the remote server, to access all information, but can access a lot with just the password.
- There might be a bug in the Java Reflection package, if overloaded methods have the same parameter number but slightly different parameter types. One fix is to give them different method names.
- The packet size only works from a blocking client to server request, so it is returned to the client as part of the call.