Listed below are details of version updates of the software. The version history is as follows:
Server bug fix. Uploaded on 16 February 2018.
- The ESB not now set as parent to a service when it is loaded, so no direct link there.
- Metrics bug fix.
Major bug fixes, new features. Uploaded on 12 February 2018.
- Basic publish-subscribe mechanism added to the ESB. The KeywordHandler and Info objects also modified slightly and some package name changes.
- Some bug fixes in the base server and/or improvements.
- Logger package bug fixes, including the UuidHandler.getUuid method.
Major bug fixes, new features. Uploaded on 31 January 2018.
- Hashtable parser error. The transition to ArrayList and HashMap may have introduced one or two bugs, but they will quickly be removed.
- Removed XML from Metafactory method names, as cosmetic change.
- W3C Dom parser added and it should be possible to pass w3c documents in messages. The actual message will always use nanoxml.
- W3C Dom the default XML Document in FileObject and InfoXml now.
- Script_Invoke now only stores 1 link, as a sub-event.
- AutoSecure - some protection to not allow some licas package names to be used.
- Small error in ObjectInvoker.retrieveMethod if passing simple types.
GUI and service updates. Major lists update. Uploaded on 16 January 2018.
- Service console auto-hide re-activated and some GUI bug fixes.
- Almost all lists updated from (synchronized) Vector and Hashtable to (not synchronized) ArrayList and HashMap. This will improve performance, but if there are bugs, then please report any you find to fix them quickly. Everything should work as before. All interface calls will need to be changed for this. Look for TypeConst.VECTOR or HASHTABLE and replace with ARRAYLIST or HASHMAP. It was automatic in the base system. XML list is the only Vector now.
- Uploaded twice.
GUI and service updates. Uploaded on 9 January 2018.
- GUI updates and improvements.
- New auto-hide option for services, currently disabled as not stable enough.
- Behaviour Mediator update for clustering service.
- New base DynamicJFrame class for the GUI interfaces. Extend it instead of JFrame, to be used for any common functionality.
- Auto Script Engine class updates, with a parallel processing option added. Still need to add the script element.
Version 5.17 to 5.17.2
Service, GUI, Query engine bug fixes. Uploaded on 14 and 22 December 2017, 2 January 2018.
- Service and GUI bug fixes and updates.
- BehaviourMediator updates for one remote server problem.
- Definition classes moved into different package groups.
- The auto script and engine had some bugs, now fixed.
- Updates to query engine for potential bugs.
Version 5.16 to 5.16.5
Server upgrades and service bug fixes. Uploaded between 1 November and 3 December 2017.
- Licas server package upgraded from Java 6 to Java 7. If any problem please let me know.
- Internet package now includes a keystore and default untrusted licas certificate. Also option to accept any certificate, but keystore and manager used as default.
- Feed service update for new SSL checks, streams and some config.
- InformationService.loadDataContents change back. ObjectResource bug fix.
- Other bug fixes.
- Logger now does not throw Exception when logging.
Version 5.15 to 5.15.2
Problem Solver and Service bug fixes. Uploaded on 19, 23 and 24 October 2017.
- Problem Solver updates - knn and entropy frameworks can now be used to link distributed services. Try with the testDataB or testDataC folders, for example.
- SOM temporarily removed because some functions need additional configurations.
- Minor changes to MetricDataset and LearningData data models.
- Feed service bug fixes.
- Bug fix where InformationService.loadDataContents now loads the file contents.
- TypeConst.isText evaluation does not include the basic string type now. Text file or String Resource bug fix.
Version 5.14 to 5.14.2
Service updates and bug fixes. Uploaded on 21, 22 and 29 September 2017.
- Web Service updates, with some function to run a web service locally.
- Email service update and bug fix.
- Default behaviour loop sleep time changed to 150 ms from 1000 ms. You should set this if it is too slow.
Version 5.12 to 5.13.2
Service updates and bug fixes. Uploaded on 28, 31 August and 5, 6 September 2017.
- Problem solver updates. The main thread of a service is not now started.
- Behaviour panel updates. The main thread is now started automatically. Because the services now run continuously, the default sleep time is increased to 1 second, so it might take a while for any links to register.
- The solvers now create dynamic links first and then convert these to permanent, so the behaviour is more indeterminate. They can also add with repeat runs, so choosing 'Run from current' can add more links.
- The previous permanent link only algorithms are available upon request.
- Some other updates and bug fixes to the linking and solvers. Also, 'addRelatedSources' renamed 'addDynamicLinks'.
- The BehaviourMediator service now has a Register option. When selected, it will cluster the service metadata based on permanent links and return a metadata set of the clusters instead, for the main GUI graphic. It can then also be unregistered, but with a lot of services, this might produce a better view. Cluster list panel removed.
- Save admin config separately for each SOA. So do not have to use default one.
- Other service updates.
Version 5.11 to 5.11.1
Service updates and bug fixes. Uploaded on 31 July and 4 August 2017.
- Email service bug fix and updates.
- SPARQL query form interface update. The documentation is still not complete and the service still needs more work, but it may be useful for several types of query now.
Version 5.10 to 5.10.1
Bug fixes, GUI updates and improvements. Uploaded on 14 and 18 July 2017.
- Possible loop bug fix in main GUI graphic display and speed-up of metadata retrieval. Also MetaFactory.
- SPARQL query form still needs updating, so ignore any current issues.
- Problem solver: MatchSolutions now MatchPair. No other change.
- Other minor updates.
Bug fixes and GUI updates. Uploaded on 3 July 2017.
- Problem-solver now uses a Result object for its reply. Different types, but it should only be a matter of changing the package name. SolutionSet now MatchResult. One or two variables removed to simplify the reply process.
- EntropyGrid now integrated. If using and any problem, then if you send an email I will fix the problem.
- GUI documentation split into 2 docs, with scientific now a separate document.
- Other minor updates.
Bug fixes and GUI updates. Uploaded on 29 June 2017.
- Problem-solver example bag-of-words bug fix.
- EntropyGrid not fully integrated, but can still use as stand-alone. New Result class in problem solver.
- For the All-in-One GUI, the scientific panels are now hidden as default. There is an admin panel config option to enable them.
- Other GUI updates.
New service and bug fixes. Uploaded on 24 June 2017.
- Text search added as a default service. If you installed the module, you should try to delete it first. It should delete OK. Then install the current version and the module is added as a default servce instead.
- EntropyGrid update, so it should now work. Slightly different API.
Service and bug fixes. Uploaded on 7 June 2017.
- Feed service updates.
- ESB.autoManMetrics renamed serviceMetrics.
- GUI security form update, but for later.
Version 5.5 to 5.5.1
Service updates. Uploaded on 3 and 29 May 2017.
- Feed service updates. Uses new config, so you cannot use the Info service for feeds now. You might need to note your addresses and query terms if still using the info service for feeds and transfer over to the dedicated feed service.
- Behaviour mediator now saves and re-loads graph configs.
- Also monitor Email and dynamic links parser bug fixes.
- Minor update to main GUI allows you to remove a registered server - right-click on the combo box.
Version 5.4 to 5.4.1
Service updates and bug fixes. Uploaded on 13 and 20 April 2017.
- New quick startup menu, where you can load a service config directly, or load the main GUI.
- Spam filter for email service now includes keywords for subject matching.
- New Feed service to replace info service feeds. It has the same config so copy details accross. You can still use the info service feed option for the time-being.
Version 5.3 to 5.3.1
Service updates and bug fixes. Uploaded on 20 March and 6 April 2017.
- Service Factory form bug fix with jar factory.
- Some service improvements and updates.
- A small change to the html parser, but should be OK.
- Documentation updated.
Version 5.2 to 5.2.2
Service updates and bug fixes. Uploaded on 28 February to 14 March 2017.
- Some important GUI bug fixes.
- File service updated, now only passes file in packets, slow but works.
- Binary coding changed to Base64.
- Remote server access problem fixed, new secure server access.
- Updates to the metrics in Ai_Heuristic.
Service updates and bug fixes. Uploaded on 21 February 2017.
- Updates to the behaviour mediator graphs. There is a popup meu for quicker graph re-draw. Wait a few seconds now for any graph draw.
- Click on the line plot at a set of points to get the service id list at the bottom of the graph.
- Other minor service updates.
- EntropyGrid added but not tested yet.
Service update and bug fixes. Uploaded on 2 February 2017.
- ESB extends AutoSecure and 'removeService' method permission now added.
- HttpServer is no longer a Service and ESB is removed as a parent to any service, so base services have no parent to provide some more protection for the server. A direct reference to either HttpServer or ESB now requires the admin key.
- New interface class LocalServer, for invoking server methods. It should define all server methods that you access. This may require minor updates but it should be very straightforward. Where you previously used HttpServer.getHttpServer(pw).getESB(admin) you now need to use LocalServer.getApi(pwd)... If any method is missing, I can add it upon request.
- You will have to update the Run_HttpServer class if you use one, as HttpServer stores the ESB in a different way now. See the code for details.
- Also some URI methods moved to Handle for default server URI element or String.
Version 4.0 to 4.37
Uploaded between October 2013 and January 2017.
- Many updates and bug fixes on all aspects of the system.
- Some package and class name changes and some architecture changes.
- New services and functionality.
Version 3.0 to 3.58
This is the third release uploaded between May 2009 and October 2013. Many bug fixes, new features and improvements.
Version 2.0 to 2.5
This is the second release uploaded between 22 December 2008 and May 2009.
This is the first release on 27 April 2008, now a Beta release.